Thank you for your interest in joining the Salt+Light 2018-2019 team! We can’t wait to get to know you better and see what God has in store for this year’s group.
There are two aspects to joining Salt+Light – the Summer Recruit Process (where we get to know you and you get to know us), and the official application and interview. We will choose the team after the interviews, and we are keeping it to 10 students this year. So here’s the info:
SUMMER RECRUIT PROCESS (to fill out now):
- Here’s the link to sign up as a summer recruit: https://goo.gl/forms/H4hnQ8bASdCapfXm1
- Here’s the link to the summer schedule (I have given editing access so you can add your name to any events you can attend, but PLEASE be careful not to accidentally edit anything else!): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-iWiMTGNSUoddL_4cw2uIb95jHzyipEQP-0cXLVD9MA/edit?usp=sharing
THE OFFICIAL APPLICATION (due July 31):
- Here is a *paper* copy: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ESAokP_SjTgGNaP2WG0Iez1UhGT5yENDvvxy1FjYUqU/edit?usp=sharing
- And here is the online (PREFERRED) option (and note that parents need to fill out a form, linked at the bottom of the application). For returning members, please fill out a self-evaluation here.
Parents of new recruits: please fill out this form to complete their application!
A Work in Progress presents: Salt+Light
Dates + Details:
- Aug 1: Registration+Application Deadline* (returning students to submit review)
- Aug 1 @6:30-9:30: Interviews+Group Audition @Crossway Church in Franklin
- Saturday, Aug 25 @10-4: Mandatory Retreat
- Participation Fee: $25/month (Sept-May) + Uniform fee of $30 (if needed)
- Participation Requirements: Ages 14-18 + Servant-hearted (see below)
- Weekly Rehearsals: Thursdays @ 4:30-6:30 pm @ Immanuel Lutheran Church, Attleboro**Summer outreaches are available for recruits to participate in. We ask that each recruit join us for at least two events before the interviews. We will not ask for your commitment until August 1, Click here for a listing of the Summer Opportunities or see the separate handout
- *Application Deadline – go to aworkinprogressproductions.com and click on Salt + Light tab to Apply
- **Summer outreaches are available for recruits to participate in. We ask that each recruit join us for at least two events before the interviews. We will not ask for your commitment until August 1.
Salt+Light is a Performance Outreach Troupe whose mission is to bring messages of hope, through music & drama, to our communities. The group has traveled to youth groups, churches, public schools, Christian schools, nursing homes, and food pantries to serve and entertain. For the best ‘picture’ of what the group is all about, check out our YouTube channel, featuring the official Trailer and Documentary, as well as some of our favorite pieces.
Rehearsals will be fun yet challenging as we take time to pray, work on improvisation, sketches, songs, and blocking. The Salt+Light Leadership Team will be made up of select students from the previous year, overseen by the Executive Director of A Work in Progress. Ideas for program themes will be taken from suggestions offered via our social media page as well as our mandatory retreat at the beginning of the year.
Salt+Light Summer Schedule
Recruits welcome to check us out! All potential Salt+Light candidates must attend at least two summer events. Click here for the summer schedule. Look for an email from us with information on how to RSVP for the summer events. Thank you!