TIP: Tech in Progress
The tech crew is what changes a play into a performance. Come and learn the basics of lighting, sound, lighting, and fly system.
Three training/work days will allow students to experience all aspects of technical theatre. During the performance, students will get choose which crew they would like to work on, including backstage crew.
Each member of the tech crew will be required to own a pair of heat resistant work gloves, available at any hardware store, a small flashlight, and a set of black clothing, including black shoes & socks, to wear during the production. Led by Melissa + Jason Lamb.
These classes are part of the High School Credit Track! For more information, click here!
Fall Schedule: Mainstage
- October 5 @3:00-5:00: Intro to TIP Crew, newbies only
- October 12, 19, 26 @3:00-6:00: TIP Crew Days
- November 1 + 8 @2:00-5:00: optional join cast at Tolman for rehearsal
- November 8: cue to cue after the rehearsal
- November 9: As needed day
- Mainstage Production Week:
- Tech Rehearsal: November 12 @3:00-8:00
- Dress Rehearsal: November 14 @3:00-8:00
- Performances: November 16+17
Spring Schedule: Junior Production
- March 8 @3:00-5:00: Intro to TIP Crew for newbies
- March 15, 22, 29 @3:00-6:00: Tip Crew Days
- Junior Production Week:
- Tech Rehearsal: April 1 @3:00-8:00
- Dress Rehearsal: April 3 @3:00-8:00
- Performance: April 6
Location and Cost:
Experienced TIP members are encouraged to apply for an internship. More details to come.
Can’t make the TIP Crew Workshops but want to help out Backstage? Join the Backstage Crew!