TIP: Tech in Progress
The tech crew is what changes a play into a performance. Come and learn the basics of lighting, sound, lighting, and fly system. Three training/work days will allow students to experience all aspects of technical theatre. During the performance, students will get choose which crew they would like to work on, including backstage crew. Each member of the tech crew will be required to own a pair of heat resistant work gloves, available at any hardware store, a small flashlight, and a set of black clothing, including black shoes & socks, to wear during the production. Led by Melissa + Jason Lamb.
For detailed information about this class, click here for a PDF that you can download and print!
These classes are part of the High School Credit Track! For more information, click here!
Schedule for White Christmas (Fall):
- Fridays, October 20+27 and November 3 @3:00-6:00**
- Thursdays, November 2 & 9 from 2:00-5:00; November 9 from 6-8:30;
- Tech Week: Monday, Nov. 13 @4:00-8:00; Wednesday Nov. 15 @4:00-8:00; Performances are November 17 & 18.
Schedule for Narnia (Spring):
- Fridays, March 9, 16, 30 + April 6 @3:00-6:00*
- Tech week: Monday, April 2 @4:00-8:00 • Wednesday, April 4 @4:00-8:00; Performance is Saturday, April 7
Location and Cost for Both Semesters:
- Tolman High School, 150 Exchange Street, Pawtucket
- $50 total ($25 admin fee and $25 tuition)
- Experienced TIP members are encouraged to apply for an internship. More details to come.
Can’t make the TIP Crew Workshops but want to help out Backstage? Join the White Christmas Backstage Crew!
Backstage Crew Dates (all located at Tolman High School)
- Tech Week: Monday, Nov. 13 @4:00-8:00;
- Wednesday Nov. 15 @4:00-8:00;
- Performances are November 17 & 18.
The Backstage Crew is free, but requires registration. Register Here!