TIP: Tech in Progress
The tech crew is what changes a play into a performance. Come and learn the basics of lighting, sound, lighting, and fly system. Three training/work days will allow students to experience all aspects of technical theatre. During the performance, students will get choose which crew they would like to work on, including backstage crew. Each member of the tech crew will be required to own a pair of heat resistant work gloves, available at any hardware store, a small flashlight, and a set of black clothing, including black shoes & socks, to wear during the production. Led by Melissa + Jason Lamb.
TIP CREW is closed for the year, but the information remains for your perusal. New class information will be available June 1!
For detailed information about this class, click here for a PDF that you can download and print!
These classes are part of the High School Credit Track! For more information, click here!
Schedule for Narnia (Spring):
- Fridays, March 9, 16, 23 + April 6 @3:00-6:00*
- Tech week: Monday, April 2 @4:00-8:00 • Wednesday, April 4 @4:00-8:00; Performance is Saturday, April 7
Location and Cost:
- Tolman High School, 150 Exchange Street, Pawtucket
- $50 total ($25 admin fee and $25 tuition)
- Experienced TIP members are encouraged to apply for an internship. More details to come.
Can’t make the TIP Crew Workshops but want to help out Backstage? Join the Backstage Crew!
Backstage Crew Dates (all located at Tolman High School)
- Tech: Monday, April 2 @4-8pm
- Dress: Wednesday,April 4 @4:00-8:00;
- Performance is April 7 @2:00 (arrive at 12:00)
The Backstage Crew is free, but requires registration. Register Here!