What’s in progress this semester…
This page has the highlights of the weekly class newsletter. The newsletter has more detail. Click here for our “Now Playing” page!
Due to a glitch in the registration system, it has become apparent that the last few class newsletters did not deliver to several classes – we are so sorry! Please read the information below. If you are a new family and you missed the open house, we have a link to a playlist below where our teachers explain the classes this semester. All of the information in this newsletter was discussed at the open house. It is most important that you note the location change for this semester (all part of this newsletter).
We are so grateful for your support and flexibility as we have navigated a location change and we can’t wait to get started! It’s going to be a fantastic 7th Spring season.
Feel free to reply to this newsletter if you have any questions, or reach out to us on any of the social media links below.
Miss Jen, for all of us at AWIP
p.s. there’s still room in several classes so spread the word! We provide high quality arts instruction in a warm, welcoming environment that encourages friendships, community, and creativity. In the past week on social media, we have offered glimpses of the classes that still have space available through blog posts and video uploads. Click here for the monthly newsletter that just went out which links to everything!
Did you miss the Open House?
If you missed the Open House, you have a chance to hear from our teachers as they discuss what to expect in class this semester. Click here for a YouTube playlist featuring most of our teachers.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING OUR LOCATION FOR THE SEMESTER
AWIP learned recently that Immanuel Lutheran Church, which is the location we have used for 6 years and where we hoped to be back again this January, will unfortunately not be ready for us in time. They have been undergoing a complete renovation and got backed up with permits last fall. Instead, we will be back at the Centenary United Methodist Church right down the street (which we affectionately call “Hebron” because they host the Hebron Food Pantry in their basement).
LOCATION INFORMATION: the map below shows parking, and the re circle is our building. The “x” is where the drop-off zone is.
- PARKING IS LIMITED: There is limited free parking located on side streets near the church; or metered parking (40 cents per hour) located across the street at the YMCA, and at the library. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Check Out Permission ages 13+
Parents, if you have a student that is 13 years or older and would like to give them permission to check themselves out of the building please click here to print and complete the authorization form. Please give this form to Lynn Dubeau at the check-in table. Without the form on file, we cannot dismiss students without an adult present. Please note that your student will be allowed to come and go without question.
Media Arts Crash Course: Original Film Premiere!
We released the premiere of the original film, “Cereal Wars,” which was written, performed, and produced by the Media Arts Crash Course part 2! This class creates an original film every semester and there’s room in this semester’s class. Click here to learn more and to register!
Musical Theatre Dance: Parts 1+2 are combining, and a new offering is open on Thursdays!
Musical Theatre Dance for ages 4-6 and 7-9 has combined on Tuesdays! We are also offering a second class for ages 4-9 on Thursdays! Click here to read more about it.
B O O K K E E P I N G
- The $50 per semester family registration fee has been applied
- Tuition is due on or before Jan. 7, unless you request a payment plan here.
- Please see bookkeeping at the open house if you have any questions or email AWIP.email@example.com
- Please reach out if you would like to apply for a scholarship
- Consider selling candy to offset tuition!
Sell candy bars to offset tuition costs! Here’s how it works:
We have arranged a fundraising deal with Hillard’s House of Candy, located in Easton, Hanover and Canton.
- Order Candy Boxes during the first two weeks of classes at check-in and pay $40
- Pick up your boxes the following week
- Sell to your family and friends for $2/bar and get $80 back!
- Put the $40 you made towards tuition costs!
Please see Colleen Sutcliffe if you have any questions.
AWIP runs on volunteers!
As a nonprofit, AWIP relies heavily on volunteers and interns to keep our programs running smoothly and safely. Here are several opportunities to consider! Parent volunteers receive discounts off tuition OR free tickets to the junior production; while interns have the opportunity to earn AWIP Bucks to use towards future classes. We will have more details about these positions at the Open House.
- INTERNSHIPS are available for ages 12+ ! Please click here to read more about our internship program and to apply. We need assistants for the Junior Production as well as several classes. Internships are an excellent opportunity that look great on resumes!
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Adult Building help needed: Check in/out positions and bathroom monitors needed for both Tuesday and Thursday during all class times. Contact Lynn Dubeau (Building Supervisor) with your availability at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Set Up Tuesday Team: Assistance is needed to help set the building up on Tuesdays from 9am -9:30am. Students are welcome to assist (and earn AWIP bucks!).
- Clean Up Thursday Team: Assistance is needed to re-set the building on Thursdays from 3:30pm-4:30pm. Students are welcome to assist (and earn AWIP bucks!)
- Contact Traci Macomber at email@example.com if you can assist!
Junior Production T-Shirts
Junior Production T-shirts are available to order in the AWIP Store. Deadline to order is January 30th. Contact Danielle Crain, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions.
Junior Production Mandatory Parent Meetings
- Tuesday, January 28th
- 10am, 11:30am or 2:00pm
- Thursday, January 30th
- 11am or 2pm
All parents with children performing in the Junior Production as Actors, Musical Theatre Dancers, or High Notes singers are required to attend one of these meetings. All things regarding the Junior Production will be discussed.
Support A Work in Progress Productions while planning your vegetable and flower gardens!
We have coordinated with Botanical Interests to bring you a fundraiser with their seed collections. AWIP will receive 50% of the total raised.
- Orders will be shipped to AWIP and we will pass them on to you by the end of March
- Check out the Seeds Fundraiser Catalog here!
- Order forms are available here or pick one up in the foyer
Deadline to turn in your order is February 27th. Contact Erica Schveighoffer, email@example.com, if you have any questions.
To subscribe to our google calendar, click here.
- SPRING CLASSES (non-junior production): Tuesdays+Thursdays, Jan 7/9 – March 17/19
- JUNIOR PRODUCTION CLASSES: Tuesdays+Thursdays, Jan 7/9-March 24/26
- no classes February vacation week except for snow make-ups
- JUNIOR PRODUCTION PARENT MEETINGS: Tuesday, January 28th @ 10am, 11:30am or 2:00pm or Thursday, January 30th @11am or 2pm
- SOCK HOP: Feb 29 @5pm
- SPRING CLASS PRESENTATION: March 17/19 (more info TBA)
- “OUR TOWN” production: March 12 @7pm (more info TBA)
- JUNIOR PRODUCTION TECH WEEK:
- Monday, March 30: Tech rehearsal for interns, staff only
- Wednesday, April 1 @4-8: Dress rehearsal
- Saturday, April 4 @2pm: PRODUCTION!
- CAST PARTIES: Tues/Thurs April 7/9 (more info TBA)
Who to Contact:
- Bookkeeping questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fundraising questions: email@example.com
- Miss Jen (acting, rehearsal schedule, general questions): firstname.lastname@example.org
In case you missed it, here’s the fine print…
- AWIP Waivers
- Policies and Procedures
- Please fill out this waiver to indicate if your child will walk to your car (10 and older only), walk to GCT, or if someone else will pick them up.
- Please fill out this Photo Release Form *only* if you do not want your child’s picture on social media or promotions. Please note that we never tag or name students in pictures.