A Work in Progress is proud to offer several Master Classes per year. Master Classes are specialized courses taught by local professionals in their field. They provide exciting glimpses into specific areas of the arts. These classes are usually packed with information and very high-energy. Your student will have a chance to get up and work with the professional if they choose to, or just sit back and observe. In either case, they will be inspired!!
Behind the Design:
A Master Class in Scenic Design with Jason Robert Leclair
For over 20 years, Jason Robert LeClair has been a scenic designer,painter, and technical director for 1000+ seat venues, blackbox theatres, and schools. He is a veteran theatrical designer/artist. He has worked professionally as a Technical Director, Scenic Painter, Set designer, Makeup Designer, and Artistic Director. Since 1997, he has been designing and building shows in NewEngland and recently has ventured to Florida as well. His philosophy of design is taken from his start as an illustrator. He designs his sets and makeup using the stage or the face as a canvas. Currently he teaches Visual and Theatre Arts at the Beacon Charter High School for the Arts and teaches courses in the RISD continuing Education department including makeup and steampunk fabrication.
Jason will be bringing an exclusive scenic design workshop to the families and friends of AWIP over February vacation!
Join us on Tuesday, Feb 19 @1:00-4:00 recommended for ages 12+ (younger students please contact us to discuss). $12/participant.
- WHEN: Tuesday, Feb 19 @1:00-4:00
- WHERE: Immanuel Lutheran Church, Attleboro
- WHO: Ages 12+
- HOW MUCH: $12
Previous Master Classes include
- Shakespeare: From the Page to the Stage – with members of the Worcester Shakespeare Company (click for a video of our first Master Class!)
- Audition Technique with Tom Chace of The Artists’ Exchange
- The Secrets of The Magic Act with Andrew Cipolla
- “Let Your Voice Be Heard” Vocal Performance class with Jessica Hogan
- “Acting for Film” with Nicole Cannella
- “Breaking into the Business” with Monica Saviolakis
- “Look Out Dr. Seuss!” – A Creative Writing Master Class with Nicole Cannella
- A Romeo and Juliet Study with The Worcester Shakespeare Company