A Work in Progress is proud to offer several Master Classes per year. Master Classes are specialized courses taught by local professionals in their field. They provide exciting glimpses into specific areas of the arts. These classes are usually packed with information and very high-energy. Your student will have a chance to get up and work with the professional if they choose to, or just sit back and observe. In either case, they will be inspired!!
Good News Gus presents:
An exclusive master class and performance for AWIP!
This lovable puppet has hit the Boston scene in recent years, with his friend Harry Lacoste. Harry has been in the puppeteering business for almost 20 years, including working with the masterminds on Sesame Street for several years. Join us for a performance, followed by a master class where students can learn all about the art of puppetry! Click here and here for more information about Gus.
- 3:00-3:30: An interactive performance for all ages!
- 3:45-4:45: An exclusive workshop for ages 10+ — learn all about puppets and the industry
- COST: $5 for performance only; $10 for performance and workshop
- LOCATION: SEEN RI in Pawtucket
We are rescheduling this! Stay tuned!
Previous Master Classes include
- Shakespeare: From the Page to the Stage – with members of the Worcester Shakespeare Company (click for a video of our first Master Class!)
- Much Ado About Shakespeare with Ty Lemerande of The Knighthorse Theatre Company
- Audition Technique with Tom Chace of The Artists’ Exchange
- The Secrets of The Magic Act with Andrew Cipolla
- “Let Your Voice Be Heard” Vocal Performance class with Jessica Hogan
- “Acting for Film” with Nicole Cannella
- “Breaking into the Business” with Monica Saviolakis
- “Look Out Dr. Seuss!” – A Creative Writing Master Class with Nicole Cannella
- A Romeo and Juliet Study with The Worcester Shakespeare Company