A Work in Progress is proud to offer several Master Classes per year. Master Classes are specialized courses taught by local professionals in their field. They provide exciting glimpses into specific areas of the arts. These classes are usually packed with information and very high-energy. Your student will have a chance to get up and work with the professional if they choose to, or just sit back and observe. In either case, they will be inspired!!
Our most recent master class was a big success…
Looking Thru The Lens: A Photography Master Class
This workshop will cover the fundamentals of portrait photography. Students will learn the basics of photography, etiquette, photographers eye, and learning what a photoshoot entails. Everyone will have a hands on opportunity for a real photoshoot! Students will need to come with a camera, be it a DSLR or iPhone, a notebook (if you like to take notes), and an eagerness to learn!
Taught by former homeschooler and photographer Nate Bettis. Nate Bettis is a Junior at Lancaster Bible College majoring in both Business Administration and Biblical studies. Photography for him started as a hobby early in high school and has grown into a source of income shooting anywhere from portraits to events to weddings.
Stay tuned for the next master classes to be announced!
Previous Master Classes include
Shakespeare: From the Page to the Stage – with members of the Worcester Shakespeare Company
The Art of Auditioning – with Tom Chace of The Artists’ Exchange
as well as these favorites:
- Much Ado About Shakespeare with Ty Lemerande of The Knighthorse Theatre Company
- Audition Technique with Tom Chace of The Artists’ Exchange
- The Secrets of The Magic Act with Andrew Cipolla
- “Let Your Voice Be Heard” Vocal Performance class with Jessica Hogan
- “Acting for Film” with Nicole Cannella
- “Breaking into the Business” with Monica Saviolakis
- “Look Out Dr. Seuss!” – A Creative Writing Master Class with Nicole Cannella
- A Romeo and Juliet Study with The Worcester Shakespeare Company