At A Work in Progress, we believe that students of all ages should be treated to the same level of quality theatre. Our Junior Productions include sets, costumes, lighting, and a real stage! All while making sure each student feels comfortable, confident, and encouraged in their individual role. Through acting exercises, theatre games, improvisation, and basic stage directions, students ages 8-12 learn how to study a script, create a character, prepare for a show, and work as a team–culminating in an entertaining performance. It’s an unforgettable experience for them! Click here to see pictures and video from past Junior Productions, and read what other parents and students have had to say! And never fear, for those of you who attended last year’s production, this year’s will be MUCH SHORTER!
This year’s production is
Tickets go on sale March 10th!
Join us for our annual Junior Production, featuring our dance classes, High Notes Choirs, and acting classes, as they explore the C.S. Lewis tales of, “The Magician’s Nephew,” “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe,” and “Prince Caspian” to create a production filled with warmth!
Our production is being directed by Audrey Wilson under the supervision of Jennifer Roca.
Classes are now closed, but we are leaving this information up so that prospective families might see what the schedules look like. The junior production schedule will likely be similar next year.
- REHEARSAL LOCATION: Immanuel Lutheran Church, 647 North Main Street, Attleboro
- PERFORMANCE LOCATION: Tolman Stage, 150 Exchange Street, Pawtucket
Tuesday Class Option
- MANDATORY OPEN HOUSE: Tuesday, January 2 @12:00
- REGULAR CLASSTIMES from January 9-April 3 (12 weeks) @ 2:00-3:30
Thursday Class Option
- MANDATORY OPEN HOUSE: Thursday, January 4 @12:00
- REGULAR CLASSTIMES from January 11-April 5 (12 weeks) @ 1:30-3:00
- DRESS REHEARSAL: Wednesday, April 4 @ 4:00-8:00
- PERFORMANCE: Saturday, April 7 @2:00 (Arrival times between 12:30-1:00)
- $150 total (Admin fee of $25, $5 costume fee*, tuition of $10/class)
- Invoices will be emailed by Dec 1 and divided into monthly payments.
- You may sell candy to offset tuition or apply for other scholarships/discounts.
- *you will be asked to supply additional base costume items
The Gryphon tries on his costume...
The Cheshire Cat comes to life!
Our interns direct the Junior Production!
Act Two of Alice (The Thursday group) watching an improv
Both classes are currently waitlisted! Click here to be added to the wait list. We typically have people drop at the start of the semester when they realize they have conflicts.