From Periwinkle to Picasso: Exploring color, art, and artists
In this 12-week class, students ages 8-13 will be introduced to advanced artistic concepts in a simple way. Many art mediums will be taught at the basic level for kids to be able to understand and implement. A more detailed listing of what the class will cover is below. On the last class, the students will exhibit their work in an art show. Taught by Jennifer Wilson (read more about Jen here).
This is a 12 week class introducing the young artist to difficult concepts in a simple way. Many art mediums are taught at the introductory level for kids to be able to understand and implement.
This semester we will focus on a study of famous artists and their style. We will work to recreate that style in our own unique way.
The following artists will be studied.
- Claude Monet – impressionism- pastels (landscapes)
- Edgar Degas- realism- chalk (people)
- Michaelangelo Buonarroti Simoni- italian renaissance sculpture (clay)
- Gary Larson – Cartooning – drawing
- George Serat- pointilism – drawing
- Vincent Van Gogh – post impressionist – oil paint
- Georgia O’Keefe – watercolor – modern
- Grant Wood – American gothic – pencil drawing
- Jackson Pollock – abstract impression “drip paintings”
- Hannah Hoch- Collages with newspaper clippings
- MANDATORY OPEN HOUSE: Tuesday, January 2 @noon
- REGULAR CLASSTIMES: Tuesdays, January 9-April 3 (12 weeks) @11:45-12:45 or @1:00-2:00
- There is no class over February vacation.
- COST: $121 total (Admin fee of $25, tuition of $8/hour)
- A good quality drawing pencil
- 3 small tubes of acrylic paint (your choice of color)
- A set of colored pencils
- a set of fine tip markers
- a ruler
- an eraser
- a smock