Staged Readings are fast becoming a staple at A Work in Progress. They offer students the chance to explore classic material without the pressure of a fully staged production. Without the distraction that sets, costumes, and choreography often brings, students can focus on diving into the complex characters presented in the text, work through scenes to gain a better understanding of the characters’ motivations, and try something new. It also gives beginning actors a chance to have a lead role, while experienced actors have the opportunity to tackle well-known works to add to their repertoire. See pictures from our Staged Readings here.
This class is part of the High School Credit Track! For more information, click here!
For a PDF that you can view and print out, click here
Our next staged reading will be announced on June 1. We will leave these details here for your information, as the scheduling will likely be similar.
- Mandatory Open House: Thursday, January 4 @ 12:00
- Thursdays, Jan 11-Mar 8 (8 weeks) @12:15-1:45
- Performance on March 8, 9, or 10 @7:00 (arrival time likely to be 5:00)
We will finalize the performance time ASAP
- Immanuel Lutheran Church, 647 North Main Street, Attleboro
- Location for performance TBA
- $110 total (includes $25 Admin fee, $5 script fee, and tuition of $10/class)
- Invoices will be emailed by December 1 and divided into monthly payments.
- You may sell candy to offset tuition or apply for other scholarships/discounts.
- Please contact us for more information.