At A Work in Progress, we believe that students of all ages should be treated to the same level of quality theatre. Our Junior Productions include sets, costumes, lighting, and a real stage! All while making sure each student feels comfortable, confident, and encouraged in their individual role. Through acting exercises, theatre games, improvisation, and more, students ages 8-12 learn how to study a script, create a character, prepare for a show, and work as a team–culminating in an entertaining performance. It’s an unforgettable experience for them! Click here to see pictures and video from past Junior Productions, and read what other parents and students have had to say!
This year we are doing something new!
We will be tackling two classic tales, woven together to create a picture of life in America, through the eyes of children, at the turn of the century. Please note that BOTH classes will have scenes from both shows! They will be woven together with the help of narration.
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
One of the most beloved characters of American fiction, Tom Sawyer is a force of nature, and Tom’s small-town adventures on the banks of the Mississippi are the magical essence of childhood, a joyous leap into the great river of time and memory. This play is funny and charming, and full of memorable characters!
An orphan girl is thrust into the home of a maiden aunt and, in spite of the tribulations that beset her, she manages to find something to be glad about and to bring light into sunless lives. Pollyanna is a glad play and one which is bound to give a better appreciation of people and the world. It reflects the humor, tenderness and humanity that give the story such popularity.
- REHEARSAL LOCATION: Immanuel Lutheran Church, 647 North Main Street, Attleboro
- PERFORMANCE LOCATION: Tolman Stage, 150 Exchange Street, Pawtucket
Tuesday Class Option
- Tuesdays, Jan 8-Mar 26 + Wed, April 3* (12 weeks) @ 2:00-3:30
Thursday Class Option
- Thursdays, Jan 10-Mar 28 + Wed, April 3* (12 weeks) @ 2:00-3:30
- DRESS REHEARSAL: Wednesday, April 3 @ 4:00-8:00
- PERFORMANCE: Saturday, April 6 @2:00 (Arrival times between 12:30-1:00)
- $179 total (Admin fee of $25, tuition of $12/class, $10 costume and script fee*)
- *you will be asked to supply additional base costume items
Invoices will be emailed by December 1 and divided into monthly payments.You may sell candy to offset tuition or apply for other scholarships/discounts. Please contact us for more information. Also: Admin fees will not be charged once a family hits $100 in Admin (registration) fees!