A Blog in Progress.
“The Wiz” has ended and left us with many wonderful memories, but here at AWIP, the holiday season is not just a nice bit of rest between seasons, but a chance to get ready for classes beginning in January. Many of them are full or nearly full, so on this Black Friday when everyone is in shopping-mode, why not get registered so it’s one less thing to think of??
Here are the classes being offered and their respective pages, where you will find all the information you need to register:
Classes for ages 12-18:
- Capture It: Photography (both sessions combined make this a high school-equivalent course!). Tuesdays, 11:30-12:30, with professional photographer Shawon Davis.
- Capture It: Digital Film – our popular Film Course is back with instructor Rebekah Tracy. Tuesdays, 11:00-12:00.
- Create It: Drawing – newly added, your student will learn from professional illustrator Lorin Olsen. Thursdays, 11:00-12:30.
- Create It: Sewing – By popular demand, sewing with Pam Macbeth will be back this spring! Details forthcoming!
- In the Spotlight: A Staged Reading of “The Crucible” — staged readings are a fantastic way for students to learn the basics of acting, study classical literature, and perform without the pressure of a large-scale production. Perfect for the beginner student looking to learn about acting, and for the more advanced student looking for a deeper character study. With instructor Nicole Cannella, Thursdays 1:00-2:30
- Just Dance: Ballet Technique & Dance History — Students will have the chance to not only brush up on their ballet technique in a relaxed setting, but to study classical ballet pieces throughout history. Taught by Heather Brown with several options on Thursdays.
- Just Dance: Tap — Four intensive sessions towards the end of the semester. End the year with a bang – tap it out! Thursdays, 3:00-4:00
Classes for ages 4-12:
- “High Notes” Children’s Chorus — back by popular demand and led by “Wiz” musical director Laura Jenkins, the children will enjoy being part of the Junior Production of “Alice in Wonderland” as the Queen’s Court Singers! A great introduction to singing, performing, and teamwork. Thursdays, 1:30-2:30
- Just Dance: Creative & Classical Ballet — in this semester, our youngest dancers will join the Junior Production of “Alice in Wonderland” and dance as part of the show! These classes are very limited in size so register quickly! Tuesdays, many options.
- Alice in Wonderland — unfortunately it is full at this time. We highly recommend joining “High Notes” or the dance classes to still be part of the Junior Production! There is a wait list on the website as well.
- Just Dance: Tap — a fun way to end the school year! Tap it out with Mrs. Roca! Thursdays from 2:30-3:00
We will have specific “Classes Up Close” blog posts for these classes throughout December so you can read more about them in detail… but for now, check out those pages. Contact us if you have any questions!
Cheers & Blessings,
Jennifer Roca for the rest of the #progress gang
p.s. while you are at our site, check out the new Merchandise page!!