For those of us involved with the Mainstage Production of “Newsies,” the month of December is a time to unwind and spend time with family over the holidays, with the busy-ness of classes and rehearsals taking a pause. But as much as the break is necessary, we find ourselves missing the activity! Classes begin again in January and the halls of AWIP will once again be filled with the sounds of singing, toes tapping, and joy abounding as students participate in various classes in the arts.
Many of our classes are full or almost full! Check out the options we have for ages 4-18 this semester…
Beginning in January:
- Acro for ages 8-12
- Classical Ballet for ages 7-12
- Creative Dance for ages 7-12
- Combo Creative+Classical for ages 4-6
- Creative Writing for ages 12-18
- “From the Page to the Stage:” Dramaturgy basics (ages 10-18)
- “High Notes” Children’s Chorus, age 9-14 (only 3 spots left!)
- “High Notes” Junior Chorus, for ages 4-8
- Hip Hop for ages 13-18 (only two spots left!)
- Hip Hop Jr. for ages 8-12 (only a few spots left!)
- Our Junior Production: “Tom Sawyer” meets “Pollyanna” (for ages 8-13). Only 5 spots left on Tuesday – Thursday is full!
- Media Arts Crash Course for ages 12-18
- From Periwinkle to Picasso: Art Classes for ages 8-12 (only 3 spots left in Picasso 1)
- Recreational Yoga for ages 12-18 (moms are invited to join their students as well!)
- Recreational Ballet for ages 12-18
- Junior Tap (ages 7-12)
- Sewing Scene: for beginners and intermediate sewers!
Please note that Vocal Technique (starting in March), “The Secret Garden,” and Swinging Thru Science are waitlisted. However, if there are enough people on the waitlist, we can try to accomodate and create new class opportunities!
As always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us!
We wish you the very best this holiday season, and will see you soon.
Jennifer Roca, Director, for all of us here at AWIP
p.s. when you are doing your christmas shopping, don’t forget to shop through SMILE.Amazon.org and choose AWIP as your charity! Every little bit helps us as we continue to strive to offer these kids the best opportunities in the arts at the most affordable prices.