It was a busy few weeks with AWIP as we kicked off our sixth year with the naming of a new Salt+Light team, and the annual Audition Workshop Week for our MainStage Production. This year, we have almost 40 kids participating in “Newsies” on our favorite stage in Pawtucket, and we can’t wait to get rehearsing!
Although “Newsies” is completely full, we do have openings in some other great classes. Click on the links here to read more about them…
- Set building workshops on Fridays in September, where students will learn:
- Design techniques and considerations
- Standard theatrical building blocks
- How to use power tools (not required)
- How to build safely
- and much, much more
- Poetry+Prose with Miss Nicole! Our popular published author will help your student create an original work or two in an encouraging and relaxed atmosphere, inspiring even the most reluctant of writers.
- Recreational Yoga with Miss Heather – Learn a bit of Kripalu Yoga in a nurturing, safe, encouraging environment. Heather says, “I have a background in ballet and performance and originally started yoga as a cross training technique to help recover from an injury. What I found was a new movement vocabulary that allowed me to be more open and accepting of how I felt in my body in the moment. I am hoping to help cultivate some of that self awareness within my students.”
- There’s still a few spaces left in our Classical Ballet, Creative Dance, Special Combo class for ages 4-6, and Acro classes for ages 4-12. Those of you who have been with us before might like to see the changes we have made to these classes so that students get a more well-rounded picture of the world of dance without the pressure that they might find in other studios.
- We are also offering Junior Tap classes for ages 7-12 all year! Miss Meghan has been tapping for 9 years and her class will be full of energy. There are just a few spots left!
- Stage Management 101 – learn how to stage manage a production… and even try it out!
- We will be publishing more information about our sewing opportunities as well as a new Digital Media class by this weekend; both of which will be presented at the Open House on Tuesday…
Join us at our Annual Fall Open House: Tuesday, September 4 @ noon – Immanuel Lutheran Church.
The open house is mandatory for new families and optional for returning families… and a great way for folks to learn more about us! The Open House also offers a chance to meet our teachers and staff members, talk with our bookkeeper regarding payments, discounts, scholarships, and more; and to register for classes on site!
If you are unable to join us at the Open House, please contact us with any questions.
See you soon – and until then, #learngrowshine,
Miss Jen, for all of us here at AWIP