Four years ago, we introduced what we called the “Salt+Light Showcase” at the end of our season. We created it because we realized that the parents of our first-year Salt+Light team didn’t really know what the team did. That’s because Salt+Light goes into schools, churches, and other community groups for their ‘gigs’ (performances), and in that particular year, the parents hadn’t attended any of them. The big looming question was, what does Salt+Light do? So, we decided to show them everything we had done. That gave birth to an annual tradition which has now evolved in The Progress Show.
Salt+Light is still the highlight of the night, as the opening act showcasing what they have done… But we have added many other aspects of the company… so that we are now showcasing *all* of AWIP. We realize that we have some folks in our community who have never seen a junior production, or never seen a MainStage… yet they have been with us all five years! So this is a chance to show everyone a little bit of what makes A Work in Progress run. It’s a chance to celebrate all of the pieces…all of the amazing people… that make us who we are.
Here’s a little taste of what you will get at the Progress Show on Saturday:
- Salt+Light (applications will be available for next year’s team!)
- Narnia, Anne of Green Gables, and White Christmas cast members
- Senior Recognition
- the FIRST ever AWIP graduation
- The annual Beck Award
- Announcing of next year’s MAINSTAGE and JUNIOR productions!
- A Sweet+Salty buffet that will amaze you!
- Several original films from our Media Department
- And a Silent Auction featuring some absolutely amazing items! There are 45 items available for bidding, including two weekends at a 12-bedroom home on the Cape; two premium tickets to see Danny Gokey in concert; a two-night stay at Bayside Resorts on the Cape; a gift certificate to Normandy Farms; passes to Legoland, Roger Williams Zoo, 5 Wits, and so many more gift cards and even TOY items (an American Girl doll donated by The American Girl Store!)… we can’t even name them all here.
please join us on Saturday, May 19 @Faith Christian Center – 6:00 Welcome Reception; 7:00 performance. We can’t wait to show you all we’ve been up to, and raise funds for where we are headed!
$5 per person; no more than $25 per family
till then, #learngrowshine,
Jen Roca for all of us at AWIP
p.s. classes for 2018-2019 go live on June 1!