A Blog in Progress.
This year, our Progress Show truly celebrated everything that makes AWIP run: From Salt+Light to our younger classes (Creative Dance and High Notes both presented), to our staged readings, media department, MainStage productions, and ultimately: our seniors, interns, and now, our graduates. It’s not about one single production or any one person here at A Work in Progress: It’s about a team of people using their gifts to enrich their communities – together.
Here are a couple highlights from the night:
We celebrated Salt+Light!
Our 4th Team concluded their productive year with a gig that covered everything from Mad Libs to the Fruits of the Spirit to Forgiveness and Grace (even over text!). We are now accepting new recruits for the summer, to be interviewed in July. Go here to learn more about Salt+Light and go here to apply!
We celebrated our Interns!
- Click here to view the latest episode of The Intern Project, featuring Audrey Wilson. We are now accepting applications for next year’s interns! Click here to learn more and the apply…
We celebrated our Media Department!
- Media Director, Cole Paul, unveiled not only a new t-shirt design but a brand new logo that you will see everywhere soon! After five years, this adaptable logo will be able to work with any production theme we have in any moment, taking on any color or style, while still reflecting our values: to be using our gifts to shine outwards and upwards. We believe art is not about a spotlight on any one person, but a team working together to engage and
inspire those around us through our gifts. We can’t wait to use this logo everywhere! More adaptions to come!
- The Media Department also provided many films for the evening, which are included in this Progress Show Playlist in case you missed them or want to see them again. And stay tuned for a few more that were premiered at The Progress Show but will be released at a later date.
We celebrated our seniors!
- We were pleased to recognize all of our seniors who spent their final high school years with us, and to bestow the honor of The Beck Award upon seniors Audrey Wilson and Daniel O’Brien. The Beck Award honors those seniors who have gone above and beyond to further the mission of AWIP.
- We also graduated two of our seniors in the first ever AWIP Graduation! Dani Chace and Audrey Wilson chose to graduate with us and we were honored to create that space for them!
We celebrated our future!
- Our silent auction brought in $2500+ which we can put towards our programs and community initiatives! Thank you to all of the volunteers who donated items and helped serve during the event. It was a production in and of itself!
We announced next year’s productions…
- The Junior Production will be two adaptations: The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Pollyanna!
Registration goes live on June 1 and classes fill quickly for the year!
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us. Oh and don’t forget that our summer workshops are still accepting registrations! They are filling quickly! Click here to learn more and to register!
For all of us at AWIP,
Jen Roca, Director